Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Shields girls and their families

I'm going to warn you - this will be a long post - remember, I warned you. Okay, so after thinking for a few minutes of how to title this post, I came up with the Shields girls and their families even though only one of them is actually a Shields now.....BUT it was easier than saying the Woodward, Keller, Coleman and Shields families.....that would be too much of a mouthful. Anyway, I was excited about today's session....it felt more like I was shooting my family! I've known these girls for close to 5 years now I think and I feel like I just fit right in with them!

So, on to my favorites from today and I'll warn you, there are lots of them! The little girls were excited to see one another and quickly took off in front of the rest of us.
I have to say, this is my favorite one of all of them! I love the black by the way!

The fall colors were a perfect backdrop!
We got the little girls out in the field for a couple by themselves. Setting up for this shot, I made one big mistake. I think I sat my camera down either right in or right near an ant hill. Not good. I went to pick my camera up and it was covered in ants. I started blowing and thumping them off thinking it was no big deal - but they attacked - let me just tell you, those little boogers hurt! LOL! My hand itched for a while, but is fine now....still have some whelps on my neck, but can't feel them unless I rub them. Guess I learned my lesson....I need to watch out where I set my camera down in the grass!
And then the whole group!
By this time, I was ready to get away from the field and it's ants! Then it was time to get some of the individual families. First up...Joye and Josh! We shot their wedding last year and I'm happy to see they have moved back to the Upstate from Charleston since Joye has finished up law school!
Next was Kristy and her nieces!
Gary, Debbie, Haley and Anna.
Gary and Debbie....how long has it been since the last picture you two had made together????
Kyle, Amy and Kylie.
Kyle and Amy.
While I was getting all the Shields girls together, the men (including Marty) and the little girls were all watching the blacksmith.....looks like they were pretty interested. This is one of Marty's shots of the girls watching.Debbie, Amy, Kristy and Joye!
While we were waiting on the guys we got some of the girls together....first Debbie, Haley and Anna.
Then Amy and Kylie.
All the sisters again! They look so good together!
No boys allowed in this one!
I don't remember what they were saying, but they were cracking me up! The girls are so cute together!
Just Haley and Anna.
Then it was Gary's turn with his girls!
Before we left, we got one more shot of the whole group together! I think Kristy was the popular one today! :0)
It was so good seeing all of you again! I had fun today - it was definitely better than being together in Charleston and having to work all day! We'll have to do lunch or dinner sometime soon!!!!!! Amy - be sure to tell Kylie she was a great helper today!!!! Joye, you were too! Thanks for helping us vertically challenged people!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Mandy - love your website and love that one of Haley and Anna!

Anonymous said...

Marty, The picture of the girls in the blacksmith shop looks like magazine cover. Mandy, the pictue of Hailey and Anna is out of this world. Kudos to you both! Very good, bravo! ........ Gary